Thursday, September 20, 2012

Craft room organization...is it never ending?

I began my complete craft room overall about a month ago.  My room had become so over run with odds and ends other than craft stuff it was starting to border on a Hoarders TV episode!  That is no exageration....see below...these are after some clean up and moving around LOL!

 
 
 
So this journey has taken me longer than expected.  It is starting to all come together, but I am waiting on the delivery of my new desk height sit down table before I can tie it all together.  I will continue to use my Pottery Barn Project Table as my cutting station (Does furniture get any better than Pottery Barn!  Love that thing...which is good because I don't think it is ever going to move out of that room considering everything the delivery men had to go thru to get it in...)
 
The project started with a complete demolition of an old closet organizer.  The closet is nice size at just about 9 feet long, but the organizer was a joke and didn't add any usefulness.  So (after 14 years of living in this house) I knocked it down, patched the walls and painted the entire thing.  I then installed a new rail system by Closetmaid from Home Depot.  You can add and delete pieces whenever you want and make it into whatever you need.  It is FAB and I can't wait to tackle a couple other closets.  I warn you, it can get a little pricey.  I spent about $250 on my ulitmate configuration which is nothing but shelves.  Here is a pic of some of the first shelves I installed and filled.  I have added more shelves and stuff and moved soem of the stuff already in there and will show those pics in the final reveal.
 
 

I think the transformation has taken longer because I am constantly distracted by things I am finding LOL  I can't tell you how many times I have said, "I had no idea I owned one of these", or "How come I have two of these?"  LOL

Nonetheless, I am eager to get it all done so I can craft again.  I can't tell you the last time I made somethign in there.  Of course, all this cleaning up just means more space to MESS IT UP AGAIN!  But, hey, that's why we do this right???

No comments:

My Scraproom

Favorite Scrapbooking Items

  • 13x13 Glass Cutting Mats
  • ATG gun
  • Clip It Up
  • Cricut Expression
  • Cuttlebug
  • Heidi Swapp Florals
  • Nestabilities
  • Ribbon
  • Scrapper's Floss
  • Stickles

CHA Winter 2010

Thanks for heading over to my blog to view pics. It was just easier for me to do it this way for now. Please leave any comments or questions and I will do my best to respond. Enjoy!

Recent Cards

My Favorite Paper is


This is Yo.

Sunflower