If you love your Cricut® machine, then you are going to adore all of the fabulous things you can do with Close To My Heart Cricut® cartridges in the Cricut® Craft Room. Create layers, cut negative space in the shape of your choice, make borders, and link elements together for a connected look. It’s easy! We’ll show you how.
Here is how to get started with Cricut® Craft Room:
- Create a FREE account in a few easy steps.
- Download and run the application for PC or MAC, depending on the type of computer you use.
- Connect your Cricut® machine to your computer using a Type B USB cable. (Note: For more info on this type of cable, see your Cricut® user’s guide or your local electronics store.) Once you have connected your computer to your Cricut® machine, the “Load Mat” button is the only button you will ever need to push on your machine in the entire process. Cricut® Craft Room will do everything else for you.
- Once inside the application, choose the type of Cricut® machine you own.
- Insert your Close To My Heart Art Philosophy or Artiste cartridge into your Cricut® machine.
- In the lower left portion of the application there is a tab that is labeled “Images/Cartridges.” Select “All Cartridges” from the dropdown menu. (Note: You must choose a cartridge that you own. You can also purchase individual images from the Cricut® store.)
- Scroll to find the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy or Close To My Heart Artiste cartridges you own.
- The virtual mat in Cricut® Craft Room is just like the mat you’ll load into your machine. And, it is oriented the same way that you will load your mat into the machine, with the arrow at the top.
- To drag an image to the mat, simply click on the image in the image selection tool box and move it to the mat.
- Once the image is on the virtual mat, you can adjust the placement by clicking on the image and moving it to any location on the mat.
- Now that you know the basics, you can start creating and exploring the possibilities!